October 2, 2009

My Journey to the Rainforest in Ecuador

Welcome everyone!  I am not a blogger and actually have trouble just keeping up with my Facebook page.  The reason I'm starting this blog is to invite you to share with me on a new journey to the "Lungs of the World" or the "Womb of Mother Earth" - this place would be a remote village in the middle of the Amazon Rainforest in Ecuador to visit the Achuar people.  This journey, for me, is a commitment to lighting a fire in me about how inter-connected we are as people, our connection to the natural world, and how we can begin to learn from cultures that have not lost their ability to truly live in a sustainable community.   As individuals, we are faced with a reality that includes a climate crisis, economic crisis, health care crisis, and, I believe, social crisis which leaves many of us in despair.  Whether we are mainly affected by plummeting stock portfolio's, the loss of stable income for our family, or wondering where our next meal might come from - our daily lives have been shaken.  We must begin to find hope and inspiration within ourselves and start making small changes to build a better future - for ourselves, our children and families, our neighbors and community, and the world.  We must awaken the dream that we can make a difference even when the crisis' affecting us our so large. I'll be traveling to Ecuador for 10 days in November and hope, through this blog, to spread the experience to anyone else who wants to listen.   Enjoy, and I look forward to hearing from you too.    

No comments:

Post a Comment